Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup Control Question

nvillebob

I just got my beautiful Les Paul Standard Pro PlusTop and noticed that when both pickups are selected (middle position) either volume control controls both pickups. Is this normal or a faulty wiring job? Thanks for the input!

normal

First of all. Welcome to the forum. [biggrin]

Are you sure that is what is happening? With toggle in the middle position, each volume knob should work for each pup, allowing you to blend the two pups. That is, after all, the reason for having the middle position.

When you turn the volume all the way down on one pup, you shut off all sound from both. That is normal.

But if they are both turned up some, then they should both work for each pup.

Check again and make sure what you think is happening is really happening. Get back with us.

I think what he's saying is in the middle position, when he turns down either volume pot; the overall volume goes down. right?

Not on mine. When I turn down one volume it only turns down the volume on that pup; unless it is turned down all the way (as I previously stated).

Thanks for all the help! Tested it and found that it is only when one volume know is turned all the way off that both are effected. Great forum!

You're welcome! Glad I could help. [biggrin]

Stick around, there are some great folks around this forum. [thumbup]

Archived