Gibson Brands Forums

Is This Legit?

John Lee Walker_

I am aware of Gibson Canada, located up in Newfoundland, and I researched them a while back. From what I read, the general consensus among Gibsonites is that their product was considered 'low-end' Gibsons, and I was just wondering what the general opinion was here amongst the elite of the elite:) I see them up for sale now and then on Craigslist and they are somewhat economically priced compared to Bozeman product. Just curious...

These were indeed made by Gibson's factory in St John Newfoundland; that location used to be the Garrison guitar factory until Gibson bought it.

I have yet to play a Newfie Gibson that made me want to own it. On the used market, they're often, IMO, overpriced on the basis of the Gibson name on the headstock.

Fred

These were indeed made by Gibson's factory in St John Newfoundland; that location used to be the Garrison guitar factory until Gibson bought it.

I have yet to play a Newfie Gibson that made me want to own it. On the used market, they're often, IMO, overpriced on the basis of the Gibson name on the headstock.

Fred

these really had nothing in common with the Gibsons we know and love... other than the name on the headstock. if you are looking for a Gibson type guitar, then this isn't even trying to be that.

They really aren't bad guitars either.... they just aren't particularly good.

Archived