Gibson Brands Forums

My take on the 2015

stein

I don't know about the 2015 but I had bought a 2014 SG Std in white because I missed my 61 reissue in white, and the 2014 std has 57 pickups and the small pickguard so, I was thinking it will be fine even if I didn't want this min-Etune, I had no other option.

I have tried it and I was disapointed, really the guitar was fine but the min-Etune ... first of all, it wasn't 'in tune' some strings always a bit sharp, I called the Gibson Customer Service and they told me it needed time to fit, something like a 1000 of tunings!

Anyway I gave up, perhaps it was just on mine and it was a defect but, I don't like the sound of these tuning machines when you go manually, sounded like it will break up. And I don't want to pay for Std Kluson. I have sold the SG.

For sure, for this reason, I won't look at these 2015, for your info I have bought a new 'old' 2009 Les Paul Std with a good discount because they needed places for the 2015 models in their shop.

On the other hand, I have seen the Alice Cooper Rig Rundown and Ryan Roxie main guitar is 2014 stock Les Paul with min-Etune and he says, he 's very happy with it, it shouldn't be that bad :)

Archived