Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Limited Edition Custom P93 "Sound"

slk

Guys I just have to report how great this guitar sounds. I have Gibsons here as well and this guitar sounds every bit as good as they ever have. The playability and the tonal quality is truly superb. It has so many tonal sounds. I play mainly 50's and 60's music including surf music. This thing truly has pleased me greatly, and that my friends is saying a lot, because I am extremely picky.

Epiphone knocked it out of the park with this guitar. I suppose the ultimate question would be will it hold up for 50 years like my Gibsons have. I don't see any reason why it would not. Only time will tell. When I am 115 I will report back....................

Steve

Just as I presumed. Great minds and perfectionist think alike. I knew I could count on you. That is a given. I am so glad I am not alone in this. I have heard from the Gibson side that there is no way an Epiphone could ever sound and play as good as a Gibson. Well all I can attest for is mine sure does, and I have more Epiphones that do also. I started playing guitars when I was 4 years old. I may not be the best player out there and do not proclaim to be, but I do know how they should sound.

I do have 5 of themmsp_blink.gifmsp_lol.gif...I believe there is now a 6th colorrolleyes.gif...plain (not "Royale") red... soon, after new year. I'll also probably get one of those Slash LP Special II packs too. To obtain the Epiphone belt pouch...I keep on misplacing "stuff"...lol...actually, they look quite cool, to me...the "natural" looks like the natural Wildkat finish, a bit of flame on that...good pair, not too much $$$ eithermsp_thumbup.gif

I started playing guitars when I was 8 years old. I may not be the best player out there and do not proclaim to be, but I do know how they should sound.

sounds like a familiar story...mine...olomsp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_laugh.gifeusa_dance.gifmsp_sad.gif

Archived