Gibson Brands Forums

"NOS" pickguard

codyyy

I'm not sure if this goes in here or under the restoration section. I recently bought a pickguard that is supposedly NOS for a 60s SG Custom. I have not received it yet but the pictures look to be the right one. I am wondering if Gibson would have made these pickguards without beveling the edges and perhaps wrapping them with a masking tape. The holes are drilled and the pickup holes are routed, however the seller says the pickguard is not beveled like original. I can always bevel it so that is not a problem. Could it be a factory replacement part? Thanks.

I will post pics when I get it. The Postal Service missorted it so now it will take a long time to get it. I didn't pay a ton of money for it but I want the right pickguard on it. I could have a new one made for it but I'm afraid it won't blend well with the old hardware.

I called Gibson's restoration and repair department, who e-mailed back and referred me to a historian locally there. The guy said that he highly doubts it is authentic so I will treat it as such. I'll probably have it finished and use it anyway. I may have a new pickguard made for it but I don't know how it will look with the original hardware.

Archived