Gibson Brands Forums

OUCH MASSIVE UK PRICE INCREASE ON DF

Steveyp

Just checked the UK suppliers web sites and the price for a DF has increased £400 to £2399 (thanks a bunch exchange rate). Only last week it was advertised at £1999 on nearly all the sites. I hope these dealers are going to honour the price when Uk customers reserved their DF's back in December last year.

I cancelled mine because I was told it will not be available until March but I was going to re-order when available if there were any left but it is now out of my budget, maybe a lesson learned - BE PATIENT.

Can any UK buyers let us know if they are still going to get their DF's for the original £1999?

Demand vs Supply rules seem at work here. Demand is solid and supply remains iffy so prices are going up artificially. Tell the dealer you are happy to buy at last week's price and leave it with them. I'm sure they will give in when they see they are not selling at that price.

I agree with you there spindrift your dealer should honour the price at the time of your order. The real question is are the dealers having to pay a higher price or just using the exchange rate fluctuation to make a bigger profit. I hope you get your DF soon for the original price you paid.

A sale made is a sale made. I don't think in any legal system any vendor would be allowed to change the agreed price on a sale contract. Just hang tight to your receipt and keep your lawyer friends name card in your pocket when you visit your dealer...

I paid for mine before they put their prices up' date='

Think they are taking the **** really as it has become a hard to get item,

I shall be having plenty to say should they try and charge me anything over

the £1999.00 I have already paid.

=; [/quote']

Hi i have also paid for mine in full £1999. The price of 1999 is quoted on my receipt as payment for a gibson dark fire so I will also have some very strong words if my dealer wants more money on delivery of my guitar. I have spoken to them today and they were unable to confirm a change to the current list price. At the time of placing my order I could have saved about £50 by ordering elsewhere but was prepared to pay the full list price to my local dealer as they have an extremly good reputation.

FYI ...last night I did a scan of the uk dealers listed by gibson .

Most are now at £2399 with a couple £100 cheaper.

My Gibson dealer Electro Music is of course honouring the price I bought at. Can't recommend them highly enough BTW

Digital Village are still showing £1957 if there are any undecided out there.

Hold on, I think we know just the guy......... =P~

Hi, I paid a £500 deposit on mine about 3 days before the price hike and the dealer is honouring the old price.

My only gripe is the on-going lack of information from Gibson. I see from other threads in the forum that the RIPs are now shipping, but all of the "official" information is now almost a month old. Come on Gibson, give us some more news!

Hi' date=' I paid a £500 deposit on mine about 3 days before the price hike and the dealer is honouring the old price.

My only gripe is the on-going lack of information from Gibson. I see from other threads in the forum that the RIPs are now shipping, but all of the "official" information is now almost a month old. Come on Gibson, give us some more news![/quote']

You are one lucky person! Hope you get your DF soon. It'll be worth the wait trust me!

Archived