Gibson Brands Forums

AJ-500RC just sold on ebay

Cougar

Did anybody here get that slothead AJ-500RC 12-fret (with the 1.75" nut) that sold on ebay yesterday? It did have a "small" crack on the back that was reportedly professionally fixed, cleated, and stable. Nevertheless, these are hardly ever available for sale, and I was sorely tempted. Alas, another model guitar has displaced the AJ-500RC from the number 1 spot on my wish list, and with the minutes winding down on the auction, I realized I just couldn't bid on it, since that would mean No. 1 would have to wait for months to accumulate that much "disposable" income again. Somebody got a pretty good deal. Oddly, this guitar did not come up on an ebay search for AJ500RC, since the seller identified it as an AJ500RCS.

Which brings up the question: This was an AJ-500 RCSNS. The "RC" = Rosewood (back and sides), Cedar (top). The "NS" = Natural Satin. AFAIK, nobody's ever figured out what that middle "S" stands for. :-k

I hesitated and lost (again) lol.

Well, I didn't hesitate. I was glued to the auction on my No. 1 choice when it was counting down. Put in my best bid with 10 seconds left.....

....and was outsniped! The thing went for $100 more than the lowest price for the same model in mint condition in ebay's completed listings. Crazy ebay bidders!

Archived