Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Lucille neck construction scarfed or laminate?

burchster

Im thinking about buying an Epiphone Lucille and I see it has a maple neck. Im wondering if any Lucille owners can see if the neck is laminated like a Sheraton or scarfed. Logic says they would just re shape the Sheraton necks and use them but I don't know for sure and honestly this don't matter but Im a nerd about this kind of thing especially after I discovered my UG Sheraton has a laminated neck.

Im thinking about buying an Epiphone Lucille and I see it has a maple neck. Im wondering if any Lucille owners can see if the neck is laminated like a Sheraton or scarfed. Logic says they would just re shape the Sheraton necks and use them but I don't know for sure and honestly this don't matter but Im a nerd about this kind of thing especially after I discovered my UG Sheraton has a laminated neck.

I think the necks on those are painted black no? Other than sanding the finish off I don't know how you'd be able to tell. That was the one thing I thought looked boOgered up on my natural finished Emperor Regent - the scarfed neck joint. The Joe Pass Emperor 2 has the laminated neck which I think looks much better. [thumbup]

Parts is parts . . .

parts_zpsskp5e3vd.jpg

On a positive note, as long as the neck's painted it doesn't bother me one bit. I'm sure it makes a very strong neck. [biggrin]

Archived