Gibson Brands Forums

Absurd world we live in

btoth76

Hello!

I just have to share this with someone...

In June, I'll have to take my car to local DOT for the biannual inspection. No big issues with it, I have replaced the entire front suspension, the whole brake system last summer. In autumn, the water pump, and - meanwhile - the timing belt and gears got replaced too.

However, the crankcase ventillation has some issues, the ventillation valve got old - functions poorly. It's a cheap part, I thought I will be able to get one at any gas station. I found out the OEM part number, and also more than a dozen direct fit item numbers from other manufacturers. To my surprise, I couldn't find any of them on the web locally. My Dodge has a Mitsubishi engine, quite common around here. In fact, I couldn't find PCV valves for any other vehicle other than the ones made by BMW, Ford, and Suzuki (GEO Metro in U.S.A.)! They usually cost around 25-55 USD here for these vehicles!

I have found the PCV valve for my Dodge at Rockauto.com, costed 1.75 USD. Well, 12 USD total with delivery.

Still it costed half, as the cheapest PCV costs locally, for the cheapest kind of vehicle (GEO Metro)!!!

Not to mention: they sent me two valves. Probably, they felt sorry for the poor European guy, who had to order such a tiny part from the U.S.A. [lol] Very gentle and polite way to express sarcasm. :D

The future doesn't seems so bright for the EU economy, so to say...

Sorry for this...I had to talk it out...

Cheers... Bence

Good luck, Pippy! Fingers crossed for You!

I could go even further about the European peculiarities, like: how come I can buy electronic devices from UK or Germany cheaper with delivery, than here at a local, official dealer? :-k

But, no, I don't want to exhaust anyone...

Best wishes... Bence

Archived