Gibson Brands Forums

John Leventhal fans?

Cruznolfart

I watched Sundance channel tonight and saw/heard him backing and filling for Elvis Costello, Kris Kristofferson, Nora Jones, Rosanne Carter and John Mellencamp. I don't remember hearing him before, great picker. Does anyone know what he plays? I couldn't pick up the marquee on his hollow-body electric or his acoustic. Very toneful instruments...and processing, I'm sure. But I'd like to know what he was playing.

I saw that too. A new guitar hero. I like the guys who can backup singers and other players as flawlessly as Leventhal.

Well' date=' Grampa, apparently he's been around in various capacities for some time now. Color me clueless. He was good enough that I'd think I might have heard his name before. Course I guess I could'a heard it and forgot it. Know what I mean? [img']http://forum.gibson.com/public/style_emoticons/default/eusa_whistle.gif[/img] He was totally complimentary to every number he played. His little passes were so sanitary it was a treat to watch him play. I only wish they had featured him up front on one or two pieces. Guess it wasn't his show.

Archived