Gibson Brands Forums

Elantric is now a Moderator!!

Shadow

I would like to welcome Elantric as a new moderator of the gibson forums.

OK, where do I apply. Think of the next few paragraphs as an application.

I've been "moderating" your "Hollow Body" and "Vintage" forums for years (since before the NEW website), and I've never answered a question or post with the response "bump" (as Elantric likes to use). I've been playing Gibson guitars since before many of the people on the website were born (and probably most of the company employees), and getting paid to do it. I have answered many PM's from forum members who have contacted me directly on matters that seem to get no attention (or factual answers) here on the public forums.

I am an independent small businessman, and I am the first one to admit that any company's first priority is to generate new sales and develop new products. BUT, as with anything in life, if you want to see where your going, you need to know where you've been. I've previously been a writer for an independent guitarists website, and my role there was to write about "Adventures In Music". This was a column about the things I have experienced as a working musician, the people, the places, the gunfire, the teargas. You can read some of my body of work at:

http://www.stringdancer.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=topics&viewcat=adventures

I'm sure you can "google" me here and see what I've written. As with some of the other "long timers" here on this site, I'm this close // to going away. "Designer Mike" said there was going to be more company involvement and that he was trying to get someone from certain divisions to participate here as "moderators". As far as I can tell this has not happened, and as far as I know there is not a Gibson factory or office in San Luis Abispo, so obviously Elentric is being given "moderator" status as an independent for touting the virtues of the new product.

Maybe us "old timers" are not buying the lastest robot and computer driven guitars (we actually play and tune our own guitars), but we're the ones that tell our kids and grandkids about Gibson guitars (we might even let them play them if their hands are clean).

You all know how to get ahold of me.

Hello all,

I dont want any one to think that their contibutions are worth any less than Elantric's because of this change to his status. This is going to be a trial run with this forum to have an outsider moderate it. The reason he was selected was simply. He was met by members of management in person and they asked for it. If there are any complaints/concerns with actions on his part. Please direct them to me in the form of a PM.

Thank you,

Shadow

Archived