Gibson Brands Forums

Been a guitar week already

brc

It's been a busy week for guitars around my place

Mr brother is always looking out for strange guitars for me and he found a Truetone guitar 1961 model at a garage sale and shipped to me.

Any of you remember the Truetone? It was sold by Sears and also be Western auto.

Any way I gave been going through that for some thing to do.

I sent him a new Epiphone acoustic guitar from my stash as he wants to start playing .

I scored a nice Guild acoustic on the internet so that should be here in a couple of days.

Then I came across a Fender Stratocatser that I could not pass up so I snagged that one also.

Thought I was doing good as with in the last 18 months I have sold close to 50 guitars .( a lot of them don't even know why I bought them)

For some one who does not play any more, I just can not seem to stop picking up guitars when I find them.

You have a problem. Lol

What's the model/year of the Guild? They make a really underrated acoustic.. My dad has one and the sound is about as good as it gets. Not sure of the model though

I already have a 1980 D50 , but the Guild I just bought is a 1978 D35

The Stratocaster I just bought is a 1975

The Guilds always have seemed to be under-rated you are right about that. My D50 is just a cannon and I am told the D35 is a close second to the D50

Archived