Gibson Brands Forums

Anyway to change Battery in LR Baggs without taking the string off?

RockyMtnAirShow

You can loosen the strings and slide them to the both sides of the nut and then get between them to extract the battery. Works for me!

I also use Virtuoso Polish and Cleaner on nitro finishes. Works like a charm on the arm grime. Wearing a long sleeved soft shirt helps too!

I don't know what strings these are on the Guitar, the ones I was talking about above, I have a pack of them, but I agree, the 10's might be too light for me. I will

probably start with 12. I do like the Elixir Polyweb strings, they seem to be a little warmer, but I am going to try several kinds until I find what I like and what I think I am hearing. LOL

Yeah, I have been thinking about trying some Elixir Polys. I remember really liking them back in Y2K or so (ha), but then I switched to D'Addario EXP and other things that need to break in a lot. But even though the Polyweb have been left behind technologically, I remember them being a little warmer and maybe even breaking in faster. And having that weird polyweb coating that eventually started to fray and stuff :) ah, memories

Yeah, I have been thinking about trying some Elixir Polys. I remember really liking them back in Y2K or so (ha), but then I switched to D'Addario EXP and other things that need to break in a lot. But even though the Polyweb have been left behind technologically, I remember them being a little warmer and maybe even breaking in faster. And having that weird polyweb coating that eventually started to fray and stuff :) ah, memories

Hmmm, I am not sure I like the sound of the polyweb coating fraying and stuff. The nanoweb doesn't seem to do that, or maybe I changed them before they started doing that. But I sure don't like to think about the coating fraying on the polyweb's. They sure do squeak less.

Hmmm, I am not sure I like the sound of the polyweb coating fraying and stuff. The nanoweb doesn't seem to do that, or maybe I changed them before they started doing that. But I sure don't like to think about the coating fraying on the polyweb's. They sure do squeak less.

Well, I could be misremembering, too. The difference is that polyweb coats the entire string. Nanoweb coats each part of the string before it is all wrapped together. (I think that's how it works anyway.)

Well, I could be misremembering, too. The difference is that polyweb coats the entire string. Nanoweb coats each part of the string before it is all wrapped together. (I think that's how it works anyway.)

I like both kinds of the Elixir, but they are too light for me, and I lose bass end and the high end is tinnier sound, and I lose the overall sweetness of my Guitar. I also used Ebony pins with the set. But with my Gibson Song Writer Deluxe Guitar, they don't sound as good as they do on other Guitar. Not even close.

The sustain is very good with the ebony pins, but the sound volume, and the lows on the bass end were not as good, and the high end was a tinner sound than before. The ebony pins made the sound warmer, but lost the volume, and the sweetness of this Guitar.

But I need to find a better set of strings that I like and will give that great sound back but not so heavy of a string that I can't play for hours and play higher chords with quick picking in between the chords.

I can only afford to get about four or five sets of strings to try out and I have a set of bone pins, and a set of ebony pins, and the tusq pins.

I like both kinds of the Elixir, but they are too light for me, and I lose bass end and the high end is tinnier sound, and I lose the overall sweetness of my Guitar. I also used Ebony pins with the set. But with my Gibson Song Writer Deluxe Guitar, they don't sound as good as they do on other Guitar. Not even close.

The sustain is very good with the ebony pins, but the sound volume, and the lows on the bass end were not as good, and the high end was a tinner sound than before. The ebony pins made the sound warmer, but lost the volume, and the sweetness of this Guitar.

But I need to find a better set of strings that I like and will give that great sound back but not so heavy of a string that I can't play for hours and play higher chords with quick picking in between the chords.

I can only afford to get about four or five sets of strings to try out and I have a set of bone pins, and a set of ebony pins, and the tusq pins.

Yep, it can be a lifelong thing, fiddling with strings! I had the exact same experience with my Hummingbird with the ebony pins, by the way, and went back to plastic. I'll likely end up trying again, though. Bone would look beautiful.

I've got some John Pearse Bronze and Silk on the way, or something like that. Apparently they sound like broken-in PB or 80/20 right out of the box. I'm hoping they won't be bright. I'm also hoping they last as long as the Pure Nickels, which seem to last forever. I do like the way the Pure Nickels sound, especially on my Hummingbird now that I'm used to it, but they are still a little bright on my 7-28 and M-36.

Archived