Gibson Brands Forums

Four Jimmy Page Les Paul Signature editions in 14 years

Archer993

If I'm doing the math right the latest Jimmy Page signature guitar makes 4 in 14 years.

I own the 2008 Black Beauty and just purchased a "NEW" 2005 #1.

I don't think I want a double neck.

So the big statement and then question is - the 1994+ model is available on eBay and through other outlets on a regular basis. There is in fact a good brochure on this model with specs and that shows all the combination push pull pot positions and links those positions to what song Page might use depending on the song he's executing.

I wonder how other collectors feel about this version vs the 2005 version?

Did Page's #1 have 4 push pull pots or only 1?

Has this model been reproduced via the Epiphone brand?

Have you seen any fake Page #1 LPs circulating?

Thanks

p.s. ADMIN - please chime in here.

i believe your math is correct...

my understanding is that Page's original number 1 has 1 push/pull (as does our 2005 repro), and his number 2 has 2 switches under the pickguard. the 1994 model was not really supposed to be a repro of any of Jimmy's guitars, but more of a joint design...kind of the original "inspired by" guitar, i guess.

i owned one of these and was not crazy about it...too many options :}

Epiphone has never done any Page guitars that i am aware of

i believe your math is correct...

my understanding is that Page's original number 1 has 1 push/pull (as does our 2005 repro)' date=' and his number 2 has 2 switches under the pickguard. the 1994 model was not really supposed to be a repro of any of Jimmy's guitars, but more of a joint design...kind of the original "inspired by" guitar, i guess.

i owned one of these and was not crazy about it...too many options :}

Epiphone has never done any Page guitars that i am aware of[/quote']

Yes, the sense I get is that the 2005 version is better than the earlier one. The 1994 model stills sells for $3k plus on a regular basis.

A couple of weeks ago there was an eBay seller with an auction for Page #1 Epiphone. I asked the seller for details and paperwork - none available. UNSOLD.

Do you know what the retail price was on those different vintages?

Was the 1st version from the Custom Shop?

Thanks

i don't have any info on the 1994 version, it was a Gibson USA model...Customer Service probably would have that.

MSRP on the 2004 Custom Shop Page #1 repro was as follows:

-1st 25, signed and murphy aged: $23,669

-next 150, unsigned, Murphy aged: $16,556

-unlimited run (ended with #860): $6149

sure...i have your overlay on my desk...just need to get it in the mail.

Hey Admin Geoff, can you make sure that the custom shop gives me my overlay and all of the case candy that was missing from my JPC 014. Thanks, John

I heard that the 90's JP Sig is based on No.2' date=' however, it is not really faithful to the model. I wish gibson would do a more accurate version.....[/quote']

From my reading the JP LP #2 had 2 switches under the pickguard. Gibson's version used 4 push/pull pots to achieve 20+ combinations of PU wiring. It does look more like the #2 with both PU covers on.

It brings less money than the 2004 version and I have not heard rave reviews about it.

• 1 year later...

Archived