Gibson Brands Forums

New Springsteen

jchabalk

I just picked up the new Springsteen record, "working on a dream." The one i got came with a 'making of' DVD which i'm in the middle of watching. For much of the session work they're filming Bruce is playing a pretty boss J200. (i know, i know)

I don't know enough about all of the various incarnations over the years but it appears to be very similar to the current pre-war that was recently being sold (block inlays, script logo), although i think this is probably one of the actual pre-war J200s.

I've tried to find a picture but i can't. It can be seen all over this video but it's hard to see much detail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDGssht9aPY

Also check out the cover article in the current issue of rolling stone. Great story and images of him, including bruce with an old J45 in his 'song writing room'

This is a better view of the guitar. He's playing 'empty sky' off of 'the rising.' Same guitar from the video i was talking about..

The comments on the video are all over the place. (someone thinks it's a variation of a hummingbird)

If you pause it at the right time (~1:01) it looks like it's had a full bridge replacement at some point.

(ok. i've got to stop now =P~ )

alright alright, just one more.

Scanning those double-trucks is tough, as you can see it's certainly not perfect =P~ (my scanner's not big enough!)

I hope this isn't against the rules or anything... (photos by the wonderful Albert Watson via Rolling Stone 2/5/9)

Bruce at home:

Springsteen1.jpg

Springsteen's "writing room" contains family photos, the desk on which he wrote many of his albums, gifts from fans, and a collection of hotel keys from tours. "My identity, what people are connecting with - those things are set pretty firmly," says Springsteen. "At my age, those things aren't supposed to inhibit you - they're supposed to free you."

Bruce out back:

Springsteen2.jpg

Springsteen in his backyard in Colts Neck, New Jersey

Archived