Gibson Brands Forums

Tuners

alecstar

I have an ES339 with the Kluson looking (even though they say Gibson Deluxe) tuners. They are the green tulip looking ones. Is there any other tuners made that will drop into the existing hole without modification that is of a higher quality? I do like the tulip look, but prefer chrome. Thanks for any help.

I'm not sure there's a quality change / improvement here, unless yours are having trouble, as the tuners you mention are just re branded for Gibson by Kluson.

but, maybe one of these would work. (kinda pricey)

and these that have smaller "vintage" looking knobs.. (not for me but..)

See the specs for comparing the fit on the ones you have now to the ones you'd be interested in.

Thank you for the info, but the second link to "these" took me to "We can't find the page you are looking for" Can you re-send that link? Thanks again.

sure try this: http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Solid_Peghead_Guitar_Tuning_Machines/Grover_Vintage_Deluxe_136_Series_3and3_Tuners.html

I have an ES339 with the Kluson looking (even though they say Gibson Deluxe) tuners. They are the green tulip looking ones. Is there any other tuners made that will drop into the existing hole without modification that is of a higher quality? I do like the tulip look, but prefer chrome. Thanks for any help.

Do you mean Chrome buttons? Have a look at these Gotoh tuners; they're based on Kluson vintage style so fit without modification or new holes being drilled; come with the added benefit of a locking post, and the buttons are customisable (check out the images - look for buttons '05M' and '06M' - these are metal, the rest are plastic). The metal finish is also a user choice.

http://g-jax.com/510/machine-heads/guitar-tuning-key/sd510-sd/sd90-mgt.html

Archived