Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Jr and Special II

weldaar

A friend of mine has two Epiphones he looking to sell. One in a junior and one is a Special II. They are signed by Foreigner. I doubt that that would make much of a difference :)

Virtually brand new, never played, mint. Can anyone give me a ball park figure with and without the signatures?

A friend of mine has two Epiphones he looking to sell. One in a junior and one is a Special II. They are signed by Foreigner. I doubt that that would make much of a difference :)

Virtually brand new, never played, mint. Can anyone give me a ball park figure with and without the signatures?

junior 75-85 bucks, special II 130-150. just guesses and estimates on what you could get them for on Ebay. subtract 20-25 bucks for the signatures ;)

junior 75-85 bucks, special II 130-150. just guesses and estimates on what you could get them for on Ebay. subtract 20-25 bucks for the signatures ;)

Thanx. Yeah i figured no one would want the sigs, I know I wouldn't :)

you never know though; a Foreigner fan may pay more for the pair of them. he could always list them for whatever he thinks and may get a bite.

Truthfully, the guitars aren't worth all that much, and certainly not rare.

As for the sigs, it's only worth anything to fans. What a FAN of foreigner would want to pay is the only important thing here.

In other words, they didn't "deface" a guitar making it worth less because the guitars aren't worth much to begin with.

My guess, the sigs are likely worth around what the guitars might be worth. MAYBE you could get a fan who wants to buy them for the sigs to acknowledge the value of the guitars...but doubtful.

Don't know...there isn't really a database of market for sigs to determine a cash value. That's completely going to be up to however much an individual fan is willing to pay.

Truthfully, the guitars aren't worth all that much, and certainly not rare.

As for the sigs, it's only worth anything to fans. What a FAN of foreigner would want to pay is the only important thing here.

In other words, they didn't "deface" a guitar making it worth less because the guitars aren't worth much to begin with.

My guess, the sigs are likely worth around what the guitars might be worth. MAYBE you could get a fan who wants to buy them for the sigs to acknowledge the value of the guitars...but doubtful.

Don't know...there isn't really a database of market for sigs to determine a cash value. That's completely going to be up to however much an individual fan is willing to pay.

I didn't think the sigs would bring any value. I know that I would not pay extra for a name in marker :) Thanx for your input.

sometimes a signature can be worth quite a lot.

like this hand painted Jackson from Phil Collen of Def Leopard.. Check it out, it's pretty cool.

Yeah, I saw that. I doubt that these would bring any more value than the guitar itself. :)

sometimes a signature can be worth quite a lot.

like this hand painted Jackson from Phil Collen of Def Leopard.. Check it out, it's pretty cool.

To be fair, those folks are more in the business of using the show to inflate prices and create interest in stuff.

And they ain't exactly honest, either. 3K for a used Jackson? I don't think so. The "appraiser" knows that.

But like a guilty pleasure, I still had to watch.

What I want to know, who is that woman there, and how did SHE get the guitar?

I just checked out the tour schedule for Foreigner they are going to be at the Borgata Event Center Atlantic City, NJ Saturday, May 7, 2016, 9:00 PM

Mayybe you and your buddy drive down and see if you can unload them in the parking lot. It should be about the best place you could hope to sell them.

Do you have any proof the sigs are real? that might be the only drawback to the plan.

Good luck!

One of the coolest guitars is the Epiphone JR. I bought one for $67.00 but I knew the fun would not start until I did some up grades. The best is one pick up, the stock one sucks, it should be a P90. I put a P90 in mine that fits. A Kent Armstrong that is the same size as a humbucker and sounds so retro! The plastic tuners are trash, so a set of grovers took care of that! I am not liking the grafit nut Tuqo or what ever. That's in the trash and a bone nut replaced it. Last is the bridge, I put a top wrap roller bridge on it. Roller bridges are on my Firebird and Gibson LPs. Less friction is the way to go when you can. Now this litte guitar is a beast. Play as good or better that any others. The tone has a bite of a pit bull and some screams you only hear late at night. A super set up and now I have one great guitar.

One of the coolest guitars is the Epiphone JR. I bought one for $67.00 but I knew the fun would not start until I did some up grades. The best is one pick up, the stock one sucks, it should be a P90. I put a P90 in mine that fits. A Kent Armstrong that is the same size as a humbucker and sounds so retro! The plastic tuners are trash, so a set of grovers took care of that! I am not liking the grafit nut Tuqo or what ever. That's in the trash and a bone nut replaced it. Last is the bridge, I put a top wrap roller bridge on it. Roller bridges are on my Firebird and Gibson LPs. Less friction is the way to go when you can. Now this litte guitar is a beast. Play as good or better that any others. The tone has a bite of a pit bull and some screams you only hear late at night. A super set up and now I have one great guitar.

I also bought one for my son a few years back. Pickup change was a necessity. Plays and sounds good. Cannot beat it for that price.

Archived