Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!

Sleeko

Nice Regent, I have a 2005 blonde, got it in September of 2015. Question for you: What did your Gibson L4CES lack that made you miss your Regent? I ask because I have an ES-175TD (1989 mahogany back and sides) and I like the fact that you can get to the higher frets much easier with it's Florentine cutaway, like the L-4. By contrast, the Regents Venetian cutaway does not allow as easy of access to the upper fret board.

The tone and volume set-up on the Regent is a bit odd with the tone at the top. I had to tighten up the jack and all the hardware screws on mine, presumably due to the guitar drying out as I live in Southern California. If you ever get to missing your blondie, I'll swap ya for your L-4!!!!

Thanks J, the L4 doesn't lack anything it's just the fact that they are definately different sounding and feeling guitars and I really enjoyed my Emperor when I had it. While the L4 and my Guild Savoy X-150 are smaller at 16" in the lower bout and scale length, I like to switch to the bigger body with it's stretch out room and long scale just to change things uP. [thumbup]

Now that is one very sweet guitar. Congratulations.

I'd love to own one, in fact I'd love to own many other guitars, but I have firmly decided to be very content with my current herd.

Thanks Smokey, she's a big'un!

Archived