Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Trini Lopez reissue

guitaraddict1

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how my Trini Lopez models were released in 2014? Also was it offered in cherry only? I'm curious what the headstock would read doe example 130/250 if only 250 were made or 130/500 if 250 were red and 250 were black. Lastly is this number worldwide or does it vary by state or country. Thanks

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how my Trini Lopez models were released in 2014? Also was it offered in cherry only? I'm curious what the headstock would read doe example 130/250 if only 250 were made or 130/500 if 250 were red and 250 were black. Lastly is this number worldwide or does it vary by state or country. Thanks

250 total, from what I have read.

That was the complete run for the 2014 model year, and it was from the 'Memphis' line of special guitar builds.

The number doesn't vary by State or Country, that's all they made that year.

In red only, and that was a special mixture of red designed to match Trini's original ES-335 from the old days.

I hope this helps.

[mellow]

250 total, from what I have read.

That was the complete run for the 2014 model year, and it was from the 'Memphis' line of special guitar builds.

The number doesn't vary by State or Country, that's all they made that year.

In red only, and that was a special mixture of red designed to match Trini's original ES-335 from the old days.

I hope this helps.

[mellow]

So I've seem serial numbers such as 125/250 and let's say 210/500. And both are 2014 models. Why would there be a 210/500??

So I've seem serial numbers such as 125/250 and let's say 210/500. And both are 2014 models. Why would there be a 210/500??

Hmmmm......

The ones with a run of 500;

You say those were black?

I see that the 2015 Trini Lopez model was also a limited run, and it was in a finish called Ebony (black).

It was proposed at the time to have a run of 200 also, but there's a chance that Gibson made 500 because it was selling so well.

Might be time to ask Gibson Customer Relations on that one.

[mellow]

its not ebony, its a 2014 cherry red. Paperwork says xxx out of 250, but the headstock says xxx of 500.

Could Gibson have decided to make more? As far as I know the ebony ones were introduced in 2015.

Yes sir, and that mirrors what I stated above.

It is indeed time to ask Gibson.

My sources were a few online ads/articles on the Trini Lopez guitar, and the actual Gibson specs.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/blog/2014/pre-order-the-gibson-trini-lopez-es-335-now/

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/ES/Gibson-Memphis/Trini-Lopez.aspx

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2015-Memphis/Trini-Lopez.aspx

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived