Gibson Brands Forums

Help with ID

theclarks1

I bought this today at a local pawn shop. I have a couple other pics of it as well. Anyone help out on the ID? I can see from the S in the serial number that should mean Samick(korea) correct? ID is SU06071034post-78597-087034700 1462386200_thumb.jpg

I'm no expert, but I would take a stab that it was made in china. [flapper]

edit: here is what guitar dater says.

Your guitar was made at a factory not yet added to the database

July 2006

Production Number: 1034

I can't find SU for factory code anywhere, but it must be in china somewhere.

It is a little rough but it has a good sound just playing a little through my bass amp. I figured that the China part wouldn't stump anyone..lol but good catch.. however I'm guessing that 150 was a decent deal on it? they had it there for a little while and had 249 on it.. I started to wonder if someone had put the neck on that body but I cant tell enough to know..thanks for all the replies fellas!! Now when I took the plates off the back I see the bright red.. so someone has either changed the body, painted it purple metallic or something..

$150 sounds like an okay deal. I'm finding new LP-100's going for about $250. Used ones from about $99-$189 or so. If it does have a new paint job and it isn't a professional one, then no way would it be worth 150 any longer. The finish looks okay to me but it is hard to tell just by looking at one picture.

If it plays well, then it is worth every penny.

Archived