Gibson Brands Forums

Fishman platinum Stage EQ/DI

Lukec88

Did you have fishman prefix II preamp inside your Songwriter? How it sounds compared to LR. baggs element? Anyone have some reviews?

Difficult to say as I wasn't really happy with the plugged in tone of the Songwriter, but I think its not because of the pickup but rather because it was rosewood. It had the Perfix Pro barndoor unit, i did like the features of it. Its actualy the model in my avatar.

Difficult to say as I wasn't really happy with the plugged in tone of the Songwriter, but I think its not because of the pickup but rather because it was rosewood. It had the Perfix Pro barndoor unit, i did like the features of it. Its actualy the model in my avatar.

I have that barn door pickup in my (2005?) Martin 000c-15e!

I downloaded the image for 000-15 from Fishman and it is one of the better matches with the Aura DI. The other really good ones, for me, is the Gibson J45 and the Martin OM18v.

Trouble with Fishman is they haven't updated the image library in years and if you have an odd model guitar....tough tooters! The 'generic' images are better than not having one, but...... [scared]

All the Fishman u/s and Baggs u/s pickups sound good through the Aura DI. Fair to poor but still getting some electricity are the soundhole pickups. Truly horrid are the ones with any kind of mic or body sensor.

BluesKing777.

One thing that I don't like that much on Aura spectrum DI (platinum pro EQ has better one, more accurate) is tuner. Its really not that transparent and its hard to see little lights that are showing that you are out of tune..

Im smelling that Aura spectrum will get version 2. very soon (maybe next Namm show), and Ill be very angry if this happens too fast! :P

One thing that I don't like that much on Aura spectrum DI (platinum pro EQ has better one, more accurate) is tuner. Its really not that transparent and its hard to see little lights that are showing that you are out of tune..

Im smelling that Aura spectrum will get version 2. very soon (maybe next Namm show), and Ill be very angry if this happens too fast! :P

Agree 100%, The tuner is absolute rubbish, I dont use it. But probably that would be the only criticism I would have of this pandoras box - the anti feedback switch is superb for example and saved my butt on many occasions when the wolf notes started coming out in packs.

Guys, what is your favourite setting for playing live on spectrum aura? EQ, blend and which image is your favourite (which wood combination do you have and what pickup). Do You have global or pickup EQ settings?

Because you guys own spectrum quite a while You probably know every trick and best settings for this amazing box.

Guys, what is your favourite setting for playing live on spectrum aura? EQ, blend and which image is your favourite (which wood combination do you have and what pickup). Do You have global or pickup EQ settings?

Because you guys own spectrum quite a while You probably know every trick and best settings for this amazing box.

Blend: 30%

Compression: 25%

Bass around 11am position, same with Treble. Midrange completely down

No such thing as fave Aura image as it all depends on the guitar, thats the whole point. You change depending which guitar one uses. But my fave wood combo is mahogany / sitka, but right now my main gigging guitar is the J-150 super jumbo, maple / sitka. I actually didnt find an image I like from the J-200 images they had, but i did like one of the stock ones under Jumbo, no 15.

All the pickups are Fishman Matrix Infinity.

Archived