Gibson Brands Forums

Which is the old guitar in the recording?

BluesKing777

Thanks for the link! There were several Martins that looked good to me. The prices weren't outrageous either. Thankfully, I inherited a '58 D28 so I know firsthand how good those guitars are. The tonal range is spectacular. Maybe once I sell another guitar or two I'll seriously look for a vintage Martin. (My Gibson keeps are my LG1 and LG3 and likely the J45 -- though I'm always happy to sell a guitar I got a great deal on. Perverse, I know.)

Better yet, I'd like to find a way to end up in Santa Cruz, CA, but I understand the real estate is horribly expensive for anyone looking to buy.

Cheers!

So we don't think the Beachfront Bargain Hunt Show will be worrying about Santa Cruz? Back to Galveston...I liked the holiday places with the stilts, but I assume that means trouble when the flood surges come in.

I posted that Martin 0-17 because it had the skinny nut - the others are normal 1 11/16" - and I thought it was a bit expensive. It has been there a long while - the guy playing in the video looks way older now. My 0-17 is great for sitting at the computer to play while awaiting HelpDesk at work or a message, and it just fits better without banging a J guitar on everything. It has a real old smoky tone, but not loud. Thinking of grabbing it now just because and work can....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> better not, keep the wheel rolling.

BluesKing777.

Archived