Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: Epi 1967 Reissue Flying V (B&W)

1all's Pub

All the 4th of July deals going on at the local big retailers over the past couple weeks really got me GASing badly recently.

I cruised my local Sam Ash and Guitar Center over the holiday weekend and found a few things I was interested in... and their 24/36 month 0% financing offers made it especially tempting. But in the end I was looking for something... "different"... so I hit the local Craigslist and found this little gem instead. [thumbup]

image_zpsrstgudhi.jpeg

An Epiphone 1967 Reissue Flying V, Black and White (which is kind of a misnomer as it's really black and cream [w/ a white PG and TRC], but I digress :D).

It still has the factory neck pickup (which is pretty meh) but it's paired with a Duncan JB in the bridge. Previous owner also put strap locks and black speed knobs on it. The JB and the Epi neck pup will be coming out soon though in favor of a set of zebra DiMarzios (36th Anny/neck & Super Distortion/bridge)--if ever there was a guitar that was begging for a set of zebras this is it! [flapper] Also, I'll probably put the proper black/chrome top hats back on it (I've got a set sitting around somewhere).

Anyway, in keeping with my tradition of naming my guitars after bombshells/sex symbols (because all guitars are female ;)) I've dubbed her "Veronica" after 40s starlet Veronica Lake (a Flying V just needs a name starting with a "V" ;)).

Anyway, in keeping with my tradition of naming my guitars after bombshells/sex symbols (because all guitars are female ;)) I've dubbed her "Veronica" after 40s starlet Veronica Lake (a Flying V just needs a name starting with a "V" ;)).

Va-va-voom!

Archived