Gibson Brands Forums

Going to see Melody Gardot this Wednesday - REVIEW & PICS

daveinspain

Was listening to the radio the other day and heard one of her songs and it blew me away… Really interesting stuff and then they said she was going to be playing here in Valencia on the 20th… Needless to say talked to some friends and we got tickets. The concert is open air in a park in the middle of the city. Same place I saw Alan Parsons not long ago… Can't wait because I'm not sure what to expect but I know it will be good! Says she sings Jazz Blues and soul, my kinda girl!

Check her out here if you haven't heard of her before...

Wow!

That's quite a biography so-far.

Anyone who has been invited to record alongside Juliette Greco is a pretty good recommendation by any standards.

Hope you have a great time, Dave, and let us know how it goes.

Pip.

The convert was amazing…! I really didn't know what to expect but I knew it was going to be good and she didn't let me down! Melody was very personable with the audience although she came out and did the first few songs without saying a word but after that she said, hi hows it going. To my surprise, and I think everyone else's, she then started speaking in a very relaxed and personal manner in Spanish… She played an ES 335 and what I think was an Epiphone L5. She also killed a grand piano they had set up on stage for her. So aside from being a very accomplished and polished singer she is an amazing musician too… At times you could hear a pin drop as everyone was silent while she hypnotized us with her voice. The sound was very good as well. After she finished the show she came back out on stage to tell everyone she'd be out by the sound both to say hi and sign autographs…. I bought her CD, she and a couple of the band members signed it and I even did a selfie with her… Here are some pics…

IMG_2868_zpsj39uix5r.jpg

IMG_2882_zpsgqcaim13.jpg

IMG_2892_zpsdngcpxde.jpg

IMG_2895_zpsridffkpe.jpg

Archived