Gibson Brands Forums

price drop on Woody Guthrie Model?

skippy

I saw that too and figured it had to be a mistake, since some Internet dealers are selling it for close to $3000 "street price".

I checked with my local dealer who just received Gibson's new price list (effective February 1, 2009). He said the MSRP is now listed at $3008.00. He also had his price list from 2007 and the MSRP on that price list was $4226. We were wondering why the big drop in price. He noticed that there's now a notation next to the price indicating that it is an "improved design", whatever that means.

I saw that too and figured it had to be a mistake' date=' since some Internet dealers are selling it for close to $3000 "street price".

I checked with my local dealer who just received Gibson's new price list (effective February 1, 2009). He said the MSRP is now listed at $3008.00. He also had his price list from 2007 and the MSRP on that price list was $4226. We were wondering why the big drop in price. He noticed that there's now a notation next to the price indicating that it is an "improved design", whatever that means. [/quote']

it's funny - Woody Guthrie, the voice of the working man, the champion of the poor, the critic of capitalism, has a guitar with his name on it for sale that no workin' man can afford :D

They raised the price of the Songwriter Deluxe by $1000, and looking at the differences, I don't see the extra $1000 - different fretboard inlays, different bridge, fancy binding maybe but same design, woods, and assembly. I saw that and got that nice warm feeling, went back and played my 2008 Songwriter some more. who knows.

Archived