Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar sound test

MR GIBS

Since I first saw them I just wanted it...

Could not afford an original hand built by the master Tony Zemaitis...

Couldn't keep buy that one.

It was not easy for me to buy a Zemaitis Acoustic online.

I could do it at last and I suppose I did it because of their change to "Zemaitis Generation 2".

The instrument is made in China (don't know where exactly).

Strings are D'Addario EXP 12-54. The pic is Dunlop Tortex 0,60.

The video recorder is ZOOM Q3 HD. The mic is on high level position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3t5VoYqrXc

Enjoyed that and thank you for the demo. What the specs on her, i assume its rosewood back and sides, long scale ?

From what i hear it excels as a strummer and holds it own as a fingerstylist. The high end notes come through particularly well, but i would like to hear a bit more bass. Perhaps consider using mids for the bass strings to give a bit more bottom end presence.

Meanwhile that bridge and soundhole are off the chart ... !

Enjoyed that and thank you for the demo. What the specs on her, i assume its rosewood back and sides, long scale ?

From what i hear it excels as a strummer and holds it own as a fingerstylist. The high end notes come through particularly well, but i would like to hear a bit more bass. Perhaps consider using mids for the bass strings to give a bit more bottom end presence.

Meanwhile that bridge and soundhole are off the chart ... !

It is as you have mentioned a spruce top (relatively high grade) and rosewood back&sides (east indian I guess). Rosewood fret board & bridge. The bridge pins are plastic (I will change them). I think the nut and the saddle are real bone. The tuners I don't know what they are and I don't like them very much. Think I will change them with some Gotoh. The guitar is really loud. I feel there is enough bass inside. Maybe I did not "extract" that bass very well this time. And for sure these strings are not the right one for this instrument. I will try some Martins 12-54 Ph Br and some Elixirs 12-56 Ph Br too. In the end I will install a K&K Triniti Mini sound system inside.

The guitar is brand new and is made in china. I will "tone rite" this instrument later.

Archived