Gibson Brands Forums

Went to NAMM

JuanCarlosVejar

As far as Gibson goes:

The quality all across the line really shows .

As far as acoustics I played: a 45 vintage,an L00 standard(older model) ,Hummingbird Vintage ,J 200 Vintage ,J 100 Walnut. and a few HP models and in my personal opinion all of them sounded very responsive ...Except the Hbird Vintage (bear in mind I was playing upside down) .The HP models have the gibson sound but with modern playability ... I wound not even say they have a modern sound to me they sounded every bit as good as any of the classics but just a bit more friendly as far as ease of playing.

I played 2 of the new 2017 lefty les pauls which were incredible in feel and the one I actually demoed sounded amazing.

I played upside down a 1964 ES 345 in Frost blue (heavy but responsive and easy to play) and also a 1959 Collector's Choice Les Paul Junior in Lamp black (amazing reclic job and fine sounding)

And played 3 epiphone Century arctops which just left me stunned !!!!

Those are amazing guitars ...Period

Those that know me are aware I am not a gibson fan boy.That Ijudge with eyes and ears.

As far as I could tell the fit and finish across the board is very well done.

Inside the acoustics I saw maybe one little drop of glue that was dried up on some guitars but it did not look sloppy or out of place it looked natural and as if physics were involved in the way the glue seeped out

I also saw this in the kerfing of some Martins

JC

Archived