Gibson Brands Forums

Downloading sounds into Guitar Rig

icing777

Hi, all!

I see that on Gibson Df site, there are sounds that you can download into GR-3.

When you click on the Download button - it offers you a zipped file that you can process.

Here is the question - where are you suppose to extract zipped files into so that the sound shows up in GR-3? And wgere exactl;y in GR-3 would it be? Which Bank?

If anyone did it - let me know how, please.

Cheers.

GR-3 Rocks! Wow!

Hi, icing777!

I see that on Gibson Df site, there are sounds that you can download into GR-3.

When you click on the Download button - it offers you a zipped file that you can process.

Where have you seen these downloadable sounds? I only saw the sounds at the Gibson lifestyle website, but they aren't especially for the DF.

Thank you, in advance.

Thank you very much, icing777.

I saw these sounds a while ago, but i haven't realized, that they are related to the DF.

So, who is able to read is obviously in advantage. ;-)

By the way, some of those downloads don't work right for me. For example Billy Gibbons and Brian May. There comes only a small picture after hitting the download button.

To activate the new sounds in GR3, you have to go to BANK MENU -> Import and then choose your unzipped .bnk-file. Now scroll down your sound banks to the end and you will find the new bank in the last position. You don't have to restart GR3.

I tried Dan Donegan and Joe Walsh and it worked. Please see my last post. There was only one sound per new bank.

One question to those of you, who own GR3 and the new DF-Version of GR3: Are there any new sounds especially created for the DF?

Slowly dipping my toes in the water there. Looks like the extent of banks available is huge. What we can do is to overlay the chameleon settings that seem to work best with the GR3 banks that are of interest to people.

Archived