Gibson Brands Forums

j 45 first year

jvi

its been one year scince I got my j 45, after a few months of "fretting " a few things about it, ( some forum induced) its still here and still a great sounding and looking guitar, it was stamped april of 2015 bought Jan 16, and has a nice thin picguard and great neck.Ive found the sound is fullest with close to stock action and thats a tad high but worth it, also its factory stock including p u. I would say to people dont sweat the little things we sometimes consider ie bone saddles and nuts and tuners ,removing p u , find a good one and keep it long enough to get to know it, fwiw Ive had other 45s and many models in the line up over the past 25 years, and the next will be a 90s aj to replace one i sold in the 90s (modern golden years ? )

maybe g lets some questionable examples go forth but there ARE great ones waiting... stay tuned jim [thumbup]

its been one year scince I got my j 45, after a few months of "fretting " a few things about it, ( some forum induced) its still here and still a great sounding and looking guitar, it was stamped april of 2015 bought Jan 16, and has a nice thin picguard and great neck.Ive found the sound is fullest with close to stock action and thats a tad high but worth it, also its factory stock including p u. I would say to people dont sweat the little things we sometimes consider ie bone saddles and nuts and tuners ,removing p u , find a good one and keep it long enough to get to know it, fwiw Ive had other 45s and many models in the line up over the past 25 years, and the next will be a 90s aj to replace one i sold in the 90s (modern golden years ? )

maybe g lets some questionable examples go forth but there ARE great ones waiting... stay tuned jim [thumbup]

I have a 2014 standard and agree with your assessment.I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'd do to improve the sound of this one. However I have a date with a luthier to swap out the Tusq saddle and nut for bone and replace the bridge pins with ebony-here's hoping it's not a retrograde move 'cause I am hearing a voice in my mind saying-"If it ain't broke..."

Archived