Gibson Brands Forums

Rangefinder Camera's

Flight959

...They are Zorki 1 Type B and D.... Lecia 1 copies, replicas, forgeries.... LOL....

msp_scared.gif

I was revisiting and admiring Simon's nice snaps here when it struck me that something was amiss...

Purely out of my love for pedantry I thought it neccessary to point out that the Zorkis in question are copies of the Leica II (the Leica I had no rangefinder gubbins).

Carry On!

Pip.

• 2 weeks later...

Pippy, has very kindly lent me his Leica M8P...

My son had a day off from school yesterday and decided he wanted to go to the Imperial War Museum in London. I thought that this would be a great opportunity to take the Leica as the weather was nice. Its the first time I have ever used a Rangefinder camera and to say I found it a little challenging is an underestimation. For the last few years I have had the luxury of using a high end digital SLR with fantastic auto focus. At the moment my eyes are not the best and I struggled a little and found it more challenging than I was expecting. Despite being shown how to hold the camera this took such a while to get used to. Anyway I took a few snaps and thought I'd share a few of them here..

I am really pleased with the results I managed to get...

33648341216_31a156b9ac_c.jpgDay in London with Hamish 2017 by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

33648305396_4d08bab74b_c.jpgDay in London with Hamish 2017 by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

33654795446_31da6a4d92_c.jpgLight at the end of the Tunnel by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

33559824331_f65b500462_c.jpgDay in London with Hamish 2017 by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

Regards

Flight959

Nice stuff, Flight!

Love the Blue Onion snap. I might have to rip that one. Villiers Street, you say?...

I really don't want to see the word 'bokeh' appear in this thread.....but it's nice!

Glad you're having a hoot with the M8.2...

msp_laugh.gif

Pip.

Nice stuff, Flight!

Love the Blue Onion snap. I might have to rip that one. Villiers Street, you say?...

I really don't want to see the word 'bokeh' appear in this thread.....but it's nice!

Glad you're having a hoot with the M8.2...

msp_laugh.gif

Pip.

Is it M8.2 or M8.2P or M8P.2??

[flapper]

Is it M8.2 or M8.2P or M8P.2??

Yes.

Get it's name correct and I might even let you hold on to it for a while longer.

BTW if you see anyone mention '3D pop' the snap of Hamish is a good example.

Was that taken at f1.4?

Pip.

Archived