Gibson Brands Forums

Noise from input Jack and tuning

VBB

Hey,

Has anyone experienced this? I'm getting that random scratchy sound when moving around. I also get it when wiggling the cord at the jack (I use a gold plated Monster Rock cable).

Also, I get quite a bit of noise during tuning. You can hear the strings being strummed and the tuning motors whining through the amp. It's muted somewhat of course, but everyone in the place can still hear it.

When I first got mine I would get jack connection problems. Scratchy when moving certain ways. After I had it and used it the problem went away. As for hearing the tuning, No.

Edit 2/23/09

Just got a Fender HR Dlx. I can hear tuner action now with this amp but is quiet on my others. Must have a little more sensativity than the other amps.

I don't see any advantage with the Neutrik Jack. I still keep my cord looped around the strap to ensure the jack does not get stressed. I have seen many LP's and other guitars with the jack mounting screws eventually ripped out. It does not make a better connection and also can add to the screws being pulled out because the jack will not release under force. I would be just as happy without it.

Hey' date='

Has anyone experienced this? I'm getting that random scratchy sound when moving around. I also get it when wiggling the cord at the jack (I use a gold plated Monster Rock cable).

Also, I get quite a bit of noise during tuning. You can hear the strings being strummed and the tuning motors whining through the amp. It's muted somewhat of course, but everyone in the place can still hear it.

[/quote']

No jack issues, but I also get a very quiet tuning sound through my amp.

Reading some of the Dark Fire posts, it happens with them also. Just an inherent issue with the Robots I guess.

Archived