Gibson Brands Forums

2003 Les Paul Custom Reissue 68 Ace Frehley (none signature)

Bruce Torres

I am inquiring about a 2003 Les Paul Custom Reissue 68 serial number 032368. This guitar was supposedly made with three dimarizo creme pickups and resembles an Ace Frehley Les Paul without all the extras. It is NOT considered a 97-01 customshop or production signature model and I would like to verify whether it was produced with three pickups (the middle) installed in the customshop and NOT in a factory authorized dealer. I was told only a handful of these guitars were produced. What would be a fair value for this guitar if this is the case? What would have been the original MSRP price? It is in perfect condition and has the certificate signed by Rick Gembar - General Manager. Thank you foryour time and I look forward to your response.

Bruce:-s

yes, it is a '68 with 3 double creme pickups made here in the CS in 8/2003. i don't have any info listed on the production totals...it originally shipped to japan, though, and we often do limited runs or special orders for that market so it very may well have been a limited production guitar.

Archived