Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson L-00 Pick Guard-Tracing

mking

Here are links to PDFs of two versions of the 1930'3 Gibson flat top guards. One of these should be correct for the L-OO. These are full scale printable PDFs. Terrapin has them for dozens of different models, and sells pickguard material as well.

AJ guard 2

AJ guard v1

I can check these against the one on my L-OO Legend if you want.

Edit: I printed these out, and checked them against the pickguard on my L-OO Legend. Neither is a perfect match. V1 is clearly for a larger-bodied guitar like the AJ, and V2 is slightly too small in some places. General shape is correct in both cases, but not a perfect match.

I don't know how close to historically accurate in shape the repro guard on the Legend is. There are several people here with 1930's L-series guitars with original guards who might be able to help. Be aware that those original celluloid guards can shrink quite a bit, so what you see may not reflect exactly what they were when new.

Here are links to PDFs of two versions of the 1930'3 Gibson flat top guards. One of these should be correct for the L-OO. These are full scale printable PDFs. Terrapin has them for dozens of different models, and sells pickguard material as well.

AJ guard 2

AJ guard v1

I can check these against the one on my L-OO Legend if you want.

Edit: I printed these out, and checked them against the pickguard on my L-OO Legend. Neither is a perfect match. V1 is clearly for a larger-bodied guitar like the AJ, and V2 is slightly too small in some places. General shape is correct in both cases, but not a perfect match.

I don't know how close to historically accurate in shape the repro guard on the Legend is. There are several people here with 1930's L-series guitars with original guards who might be able to help. Be aware that those original celluloid guards can shrink quite a bit, so what you see may not reflect exactly what they were when new.

Thanks for the effort and information. Unfortunately no owners have responded. I hope they do. Thanks again.

Archived