Gibson Brands Forums

This Economy is amazing!

BlackHawk233

I'm kind of sketchy about it. He did mention that ther was a "hairline crack" on the back of the headstock, and to me that is NOT a good thing. A small hairline crack anywhere on the neck/headstock, has the potential to become a HUGE hairline crack over a short amount of time, due to all the string pressure on the affected area. Now if you have the money for the headstock/neck to be proffesionally repaired/changed, then I say go for it (that kind of repair can cost a good chunck of change!), and considering that he's only asking $1,400.00 for it (almost $3,000 less than what it's worth), I'd say that it does sound like a decent deal.

That's a break, not a "hairline crack", and the repair is amateur quality at best. Probably done by the owner, or their 12 year old cousin.

Not to say the guitar would not play just fine, but to ever have any real value, it would require a pro repair to the finish.

That's a break' date=' not a "hairline crack", and the repair is amateur quality at best. Probably done by the owner, or their 12 year old cousin.

Not to say the guitar would not play just fine, but to ever have any real value, it would require a pro repair to the finish.

[/quote']Wow! I just now saw the "hairline crack", and that's definitely not a minor crack! My guess is, he probably dropped it on it's head, and SNAP! Yeah! I'd definitely pass!

Archived