Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sbpark

J45 Standard tuner conversion done super easy!

None at all. They obviously feel different, and the Rotomatics are a little easier to dial in, but they also have a much bigger button. I have nothing against Rotomatics. I have them on a '75 D28 and a new D35. They just dont look right on a J45.

SB I have a new D35 E with the LR Baggs Anthem and I love it, But I also love the J 45 with a different voicing. I am seriously looking to change the tuners on both. The white buttons on the 45 and Waverly open backs on the D35

SB I have a new D35 E with the LR Baggs Anthem and I love it, But I also love the J 45 with a different voicing. I am seriously looking to change the tuners on both. The white buttons on the 45 and Waverly open backs on the D35

I'm fine with Rotomatics on the D35 given it's always had Rotomatics since the model was introduced in the 60's. They dont bug me nearly as much as they do on a Gibson.

Great post! Thanks! So I assume the 3 holes on each side of the headstock fit the tuning posts on the 3-in-line tuners without you needing to modify them in any way (except to fit the conversion bushings)?

I was going to purchase the same tuners as 6 single tuners, but then got to thinking that 3-in-line would be easier to place since they are pretty much set as they should be when pushed through the 3 holes in the fretboard...

Hans

Edited by Hans H Rasmussen

You guys have convinced me and I ordered a set of individual WD Klusons for mySJ, If I have problems with the conversion I might install them on my Sheryl Crow

kluson-3-aside-plastic-butterbean-buttons-tuners-p2725-2735_image.jpg

Edited by Alex_78

Ok done (sh).

As I don't have the magic product and I driller here I opted for a provisional installation, fitting the bushings had been a challenge...but ok. I will care about the perfect alignment when I am home and I can drill the additional holes.

3yff4.jpg

abqlow.jpg

28lc9wy.jpg