Gibson Brands Forums

Will anyone who has a Darkfire but doesn't want it anymore put it on eBay?

CanadaBoy23

Hey, I was wondering if anyone who has a Darkfire but doesn't want it anymore would put it on ebay. I really want to know because trying to find if very difficult now and a guy at the Guitar Center in Jacksonville, Fl said tha there are only 26 DFs left in the states and 6 in the southeast region. I really, really, really, really, really want this guitar badly and just can't find one. So if anyone that doesn't want there darkfire anymore please let me know if yoy will put it on ebay. Please[-o<

The one on eBay canceled because bids did not reach reserve. I was watching it out of curiosity. That means if you were to make a decent offer it might still there. As for payment plans I doubt anyone will go for this. After all whoever has one has paid in full... Good luck in any case.

the only way i can see you making payments is if you get a separate financial backer, aka a loan. you could also try for that ebay mastercard, not too knowledgable on it but if you paid with a credit card you'd be making payments. the intrest may kill you though so i would try a regular bank loan first. keep in mind that if you are a musician you can at least right this purchase off on your taxes ;-) also, lots of guitar stores will offer some kind of financing. I know Jammin' Johns does. Otherwise you may have to wait until the next big Robot III or IV comes out and a few of these start popping up. Good luck to you

Check the dealer sites on the Gibson - Dark Fire pages for all of the dealers you can contact for availability, especially for ones in your local area. I'm positive you will find many dealers that can obtain a DF for you. Also, Guitar Centers are probably a great source for being able to finance the cost of it over time (credit). I would expect you could also work a payment out with other dealers too, based on your financial situation.

Best of luck to you...it is a great guitar.

Hey' date=' I was wondering if anyone who has a Darkfire but doesn't want it anymore would put it on ebay. I really want to know because trying to find if very difficult now and a guy at the Guitar Center in Jacksonville, Fl said tha there are only 26 DFs left in the states and 6 in the southeast region. I really, really, really, really, really want this guitar badly and just can't find one. So if anyone that doesn't want there darkfire anymore please let me know if yoy will put it on ebay. Please[-o< [/quote']

Go to your closest Guitar Center, and ask them to order one. Thats what they did with me. They found one in Virginia, and are having it shipped as we speak. They can do this easily, they have a ton in warehouses. Just be sure to get a new, unopened, "virgin" one from a distribution center, not one from a faraway store. Those most definitely will have something wrong with them.

Guitar center also has a payment plan.

mine is going back for a new MCK but I'm not sure the Dark Fire is for me. if interested, email me I'll send some photos. it's a real nice one and I have the RIP & software to go with it. i did register it but if you would have any issues during the year electronics warranty it would be easy to work out.

Go to Best Buy (yes, I am unfortunately serious). Check their web site, search for the guitar and then "location of a store near you".

BTW -- I went by my local dealer to check on the guitar (Chuck Levin's, now Washington Music who have been Gibson dealers forever). They said they were no longer Gibson dealers -- they said they have not been terminated by Gibson, but neither have they had their contract renewed. They pointed me to Best Buy.

Anyone know the Gibson business model?

Charlie

I'm not sure if they have one (I wouldn't be surprised though, considering they're probably the biggest independent Gibson dealer in the world), but you could try contacting Bruce at the House of Guitars.

I'm not sure if they'll ship to you, but for the money, especially in these times, they're very willing to make some accomodations.

http://www.houseofguitars.com/

I did go to best buy and this best buy in gainesville actually has one on display but someone tried to tune it manually to quick ( i don't think they realized that it tuned itself) so now i can't try it out=(

Wait, aren't you supposed to be in Canada? :)

Archived