Gibson Brands Forums

I have questions on these 2 VOS Adi J-45's

Traintrack

I am in the hunt for a new Gibson.

I saw these two on ebay: item number: 200315380975 and 200315382437

One is missing the label, the other label looks to be incorrect. No mention of True Vintage. The case also does not look to be correct.

Also, I have have a pet peeve with people who sell guitars at these levels that will not spring for 1.50 for large pictures.

Any feedback?

I have played these and they are great pieces.

I don't know about the missing label, that's a little dodgy but the guitar looks totally legit.

If you're comfortable buying one sight unseen and are simply deciding between these 2 then go for the first. I've got one of these and they're the cat's pajamas.

One note though, while you're getting a bit of a better price than at a shop (couple -> few hundred bucks probably) you're giving up the warranty in the process. Hopefully that'll never be an issue.

The case that came with my J-45 TV is Brown with a Pink (Salmon?) interior. It weighs a ton and has a metal "nameplate" that says Gibson Acoustics, it also has six heavy duty latches and a very thick leather handle.

All the best,

Guth

i've got the same case that is listed in these links.

Apparently (i checked with gibson a few months ago and they confirmed) there was a run of J45 TV's built before the True Vintage guitars were marketed and being sold. The label didn't say True Vintage and they came in the standard Black w/ blue interior case.

I'd be that these two were made around the same time mine was. (May '08)

There were several given to local Gibson dealers and a bunch (most) went to the Guitar Center. Mine's a sweet guitar, the case would be cool to have but in the end i don't really give a hoot.

hey there guth - did yours come with the jacket and case cover? I've seen this advertised as something you get after you register the guitar for warranty etc...

From the interweb:

Limited Edition Model Specific Jacket & Embroidered Case Cover

(upon return of warranty & special form included in Case)

(the handle on the standard case is kind of a dog, i've got another that has the nice leather handle on it and it's definitely a few steps up)

hey there guth - did yours come with the jacket and case cover? I've seen this advertised as something you get after you register the guitar for warranty etc...

No, but then I bought mine used. By the way, mine is the regular TV not the VOS.

All the best,

Guth

Archived