Gibson Brands Forums

A favour to ask

Rabs

6 hours ago, Big Bill said:

Rabs, you know I got your back!  I wish I could like it more than once for ya.

Other than working for Gibson, this must be a dream job for you. It all started with that damn door. 🙂 

Haha..  Yeah its pretty amazing really going from making computer games to being unemployed for ages then to making the guitars and now to this..  Quite a journey.

But yeah I love it.. Even though I constantly bruise and cut myself and have never worked this physically hard before, I  just really enjoy making stuff from wood 🙂  More guitars will be coming soon. I want to use some of that Flamed Sycamore and some London Plane..  Maybe even a London Plane back with a Sycamore cap on it..  Hmmmmm  so many ideas and such little time.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

Done!!  Looks like a fun job!

Yup.. Every day is a bit different and just shoots by.. When my alarm goes off in the morning I jump straight out of bed. That's how I know I like it so much.. I hate getting out of bed  early morning in general..

Heres some of that Norway Maple with some oil on. Me and the boss are such wood nerds.. When we should have been working on orders neither of us could wait to see what this new stock of wood looks like so we spent the first hour or so playing as we both wanted to see it and the boss had to oil some  😄  Fun with wood 

2J3mGQa.jpg

XGNuFEt.jpg

I would love to help you out, but I don’t (and never have had) a FB account.  If I had one, I would gladly help out.

As a woodworker, I salivated over several of those boards.  Would love to have them in my shop for some projects.