Gibson Brands Forums

Morning all, looking for some help here:

I've been looking for a Sheraton 1962 re-issue for some time. I think I've found one, cherry red with the frequensator tailpiece. It's beautiful but the model number on the label inside says E212TV. My understanding is that the Frequensator version was an E212T, whilst the E212TV has a trem fitted. There is nothing to suggest the guitar has been modded, so is anybody aware if any of these were incorrectly labelled?

Thanks for your help,

Matt  

Is this the one on Ebay, in Wolverhampton?

I constantly search sheratons on Ebay and this one is right by me, i noticed the label and wondered the same myself.  The trems were only fixed with one screw into the top in the middle so could possibly be disguised with wax filler etc. Could possibly be a label error, it's not something I've really heard of but certainly wouldnt rule out, and could so easily go unnoticed by many people. The seller says collection only so at least close inspection can be done, also says no case and no mention of certificate.