Gibson Brands Forums

L6- S

niaux

They've shot up in value. I bought one around 2000 for $280 on ebay, now they bring anywhere from $600 up. Is yours a bolt on neck or set neck? Serial number? All original? Original case? Cases are rudely expensive and hard to find for an L6S so an original case is a big plus.

In a bolt on neck, you will see usually four screws attaching the neck to the guitar body on it's back. In a set neck, which is most new Gibsons, the neck/body joint will have no screws and be attached together using glue.

Well, it's got the set-in neck and the 6-position pickup selector, so that means it's an L6-S Custom manufactured anywhere between 1973-1979. The guitar dater project website tells the date as 2003, but I don't think that's right.

Anyone else?

People may be reluctant to put a value on a guitar. If I claim your guitar to be worth $1000 and you can only get $600 for it, then I look stupid. If I tell you it's worth $500 and you sell it for $800 then it looks like I was trying to rip you off.

I just checked the completed itmes on ebay and they ranged from $330 to over $800.

Archived