Gibson Brands Forums

Ebay weirdness...

freddairy

Ok, I just won a 2001 '61 Reissue on ebay with the deeper body cuts and the more red than brown finish. It's a sweet guitar. However, just now I did some research on ebay and found the guy I bought it from just bought this guitar for $660 a few weeks ago! I paid a grand for it. How did this guitar slip by for only 660 last month? Does it look like there's something wrong with it? The original lister says it's a 2005 but he's wrong it's actually a 2001. I know it's got some dings it it, but 660?! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260360816160

It's called "working the market". Even at $1000 it's not bad.

I have bought guitars from the USA and a few weeks later shipped them back at a profit. Obviously this is not something our slave masters would need to know about, but if there is a profit to be had it makes my guitar obsession a bit cheaper in the long run.=D>

Just one that slipped by. You still got a great deal. There's a guy selling brand new '61 RIs for under $1,500, I got one and it's as good as any new guitar I've bought in years. I took it apart to see if it was counterfeit but it's as real as real gets. Not sure how he's getting them so cheap, but who cares?

Just one that slipped by. You still got a great deal. There's a guy selling brand new '61 RIs for under $1' date='500, I got one and it's as good as any new guitar I've bought in years. I took it apart to see if it was counterfeit but it's as real as real gets. Not sure how he's getting them so cheap, but [i']who cares[/i]?

I think the guy who was driving the truck full of 61 RIs when "Vinnie" and his friends intercepted it probably cares.

But thats just speculation!:-k

Archived