Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone PR200DNA Bridge Pin Size

My suggestion is to bring your guitar into a music store in your area and have them find the right pins for you.  Or, if you go to a Sam Ash or Guitar Center, check first if they stock your model to save you from bringing your guitar with you.  Or, you could do what I’ve done in the past when I do not know the size, which is buy a set of both the smaller pins and the larger pins and then try both and store the unused set for a future purchased guitar in case they are needed and fit.  Or, I suppose you could return the inaccurate set if they are in a plastic box that can re-snap shut...if the music store is close by.  If they accept returns.

I’ve been a guitar player/owner for 57 years.  I still don’t know the descriptive size of any of my guitars’ bridge pins.  I think you get the idea.  I’ve a number of odds and ends bridge pins stored away.

Hope this helps!

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

Edited by QuestionMark

2 hours ago, Mustang Martigan said:

Wish i could, but it's not mine. I needa buy something, even a rough estimate works.

You might try calling Epiphone Customer Service in Nashville, Tn.  Perhaps they can help with identifying the size.

Or, my prior suggestion of just purchasing a set of the larger pins as well as the smaller pins as seeing which work might be an option.  Pins are not very expensive.  If a whole set is not needed, purchasing individual larger and smaller pins to try would be even less expensive.  I’d be more concerned with what material of pin is desired.

If you can’t make it into a music store, try Stewart MacDonald who has an online store.  They carry a variety of different material sets or individual pins.  Some very inexpensive.

Also, keep in mind that if you purchase a larger than needed bridge pin, you can always sand it down to fit, unless it’s brass.  Although some materials among the standard choices of tusq, bone, wood, or plastic are easier to sand down to fit than the other, but, they are all sandable or fileable if needed.   A smaller pin, of course can’t be made larger.  But, as mentioned, buying /trying both is not a very expensive endeavor if sanding/filing is not an option.

I’ve even had music stores with repair shops just give me a free pin from their repair stock.

Just  some things to consider.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

Edited by QuestionMark