Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500 MCE/NA

Pete79

I have recently bought Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500 MCE, fantastic sound, plays like butter etc. It has installed Preamp E Sonic 2 HD. I cannot find manual for this version anywhere (even on Shadow Electronics website there is only E Sonic 2 (not HD).

I have one question: does your built in tuner work only if the guitar is plugged in? I have also electro-acoustic Fender with Fishman preamp and it works with plug and without it. I barely use mu guitar with amp so actually tuner is not available for me. If there is on/off tuner button it does not cause increased use of battery. Strange thing...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 7:17 AM, Pete79 said:

There is no strip of plastic between the batteries. In E Sonic 2 HD there are 2 AAA batteries. 

I have already received the response from Gibson/Epiphone service: only when you plug in the cable the preamp turns on.

My tuner works without the guitar cord plugged in I have AAA batteries also that must be a newer model I was expecting 2032 watch batteries I was having an issue with the magnetic pick up under the fretboard I tried a different cord  and it started working