Gibson Brands Forums

WTB: Maple SJ-200 / SJ-200 TV / SJ-150 / SJ-100 Xtra

thegreatgumbino

BTW, if anyone else is looking for one, don't buy the J150 listed on Guitar Center in Houston.  I ordered it online last week and it arrived smelling to high heaven of menthol cigarettes.  On the other hand, if you're the one in a million guitar player that's looking for one and smokes menthols, this could be the guitar of your dreams.  It played/sounded great.

Edited by thegreatgumbino

2 hours ago, thegreatgumbino said:

BTW, if anyone else is looking for one, don't buy the J150 listed on Guitar Center in Houston.  I ordered it online last week and it arrived smelling to high heaven of menthol cigarettes.  On the other hand, if you're the one in a million guitar player that's looking for one and smokes menthols, this could be the guitar of your dreams.  It played/sounded great.

You never would have survived gigging in the 1960s.   I played a 1950s Tele for decades.  Over the years the maple board took on a ambler glow.  I thought it was just age.  Nope.  It was a thick layer of nicotine which had accumulated.