Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird Custom Shop information needed

mao85

Hi folks, i'd like to find more informations about this beautiful bird. I know there's been just a few made, especially in this natural wood color, but i'm having difficulties to find some informations. How many of them were made ? What would be the year of production ? Any infos are welcome ! thanks 

Number: 11370044

IMG_1158.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

Its what would of been made in the mid 60s.  Ive owned natural top Hummingbirds from that era.   There decent guitars.      Im guessing 2011 is the year. Maybe newer.   As for productions. Every year they make batches of these. So defining how many is anyones guess. 

46 minutes ago, slimt said:

Its what would of been made in the mid 60s.  Ive owned natural top Hummingbirds from that era.   There decent guitars.      Im guessing 2011 is the year. Maybe newer.   As for productions. Every year they make batches of these. So defining how many is anyones guess. 

By the serial number, it's a 2010. As Slim says, it is modeled after classic Hummingbirds of the 1960s, with the adjustable ceramic saddle.  This is similar to the Hummingbirds used by the Rolling Stones on many recordings in the 1960s and 1970s.