Gibson Brands Forums

"Phono Blues" - Warning: Maton Content

BluesKing777

Here is my version of "Phonograph Blues" by Robert Johnson I have played many times and recorded as many -  to demonstrate a great live guitar pickup system (Maton Messiah 808 guitar with Maton AP5-Pro sytem)  through a great live performance device - my Boss VE8 Acoustic Singer pre-amp.

So the guitar is EQ'd at its controls on the side of the guitar, fabulous -  internal mic and pickup both have controls and these are both on full. 10, not 11! You can plug this guitar direct to a PA and sound good but....

Once you have the sound right onboard, there is nought to do but plug in to the Boss guitar input. I added a bit of the reverb. I plugged my Shure SM58 to the mic input, added a bit of reverb, got the right volume of vocal to guitar (controls for each). That's it! Easy peasy. Played the song live to my computer from the Boss, recorded it. This is what is in the track below, no processing.

If I wore my little headphones, I could use this setup anywhere plugged to a PA. (a bad case of all dressed up with nowhere to go at the moment.....I suppose I could drag some gear up to my rooftop and start plunking away? They were singing to each other from their balconies in Italy the other day, maybe not now). I have all the pickups and there are currently none better than this at the time of typing, that I know of.......

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777