Gibson Brands Forums

Left handed

Roger Broch

I currently own 2 SG's, a Tony Iommi, and a G-400 Pro. Out of 7 guitars I own, the Epiphone is just about always the 1st go to guitar. Recently after checking out both web sites, Gibson and Epiphone, I have found zero left handed models. Maybe it's me, maybe I missed it. The corporate response I got via email was pretty much, we don't have any. No further explanation, or future plans for releasing any. Currently looking at Dean and Schecter. I understand thoroughly that left handed guitarists are a small portion of the market, oh well...

• 1 month later...

My boyfriend is a lefty and a beginner, so I've been dealing with similar issues since he gave me a basic rundown of what he likes, then left me in charge of finding it. Fortunately for him, he's drawn to Fender Strats and Teles. Wasn't really that hard to find something right for him but why do lefty models cost more??? They're the same size and if they already have a dedicated line in the factory, as they should, the work is no different. Is it a "screw you for being different" fee or something? 

Lefty guitars may be unfairly higher priced across the board, but at least they can be found in certain models from numerous companies. Gibson really **** the bed on this. Absolute trainwreck and we're probably watching their descent into self-imposed obsolescence. Damn. I love the way Gibby LPs sound and feel 😞

So.....predictions on future Gibson values? Increase or decrease? Is it time to start buying for later resale?

I just took 30 seconds of my life to look for you on Andertons. I found 6 left hand epiphone les Paul's, about £30-50 more expensive than right hand. Not really a drastic price difference, any price difference could be down to demand, which is going to be significantly lower.