Gibson Brands Forums
james948

Where can I buy spare parts?

I snapped the plastic (plastic!) off the headpiece of my gt-pro while trying to make it larger to string it left handed. 

Now I'm completely lost!

James. 

That part is called a headpiece.  It's not plastic but rather made from an alloy metal.  Try headlessusa for a replacement.  Another alternative would be to keep this headpiece but use a string adapter... although that would require single-ball strings.

Edited by slowgypsy

Thanks. Called headlessusa; they're not sure it'll work given the state of this headpiece. Headless usa doesn't have a replacement of that piece in left handed. Or, even, I think, right handed. 

That Hohner headpiece has different dimensions, won't fit on a Spirit. I made this comparison with a JCustom headpiece, which is made for Steinbergers (Spirit and Music Yo):

JCustom_vs_Hohner_headpiece.jpg

Bernd

On 10/18/2020 at 6:38 PM, Be.eM said:

That Hohner headpiece has different dimensions, won't fit on a Spirit. I made this comparison with a JCustom headpiece, which is made for Steinbergers (Spirit and Music Yo):

JCustom_vs_Hohner_headpiece.jpg

Bernd

Thanks! Good info.