Gibson Brands Forums

LesPaul Custom Shop Model CSEL-Q

RIPRIDER

Does any one have any info on this Quilt top guitar ? Serial # cs-3XXXX. It looks exactly like a 59 reissue but I'm not sure what the serial #s were for those, and weather they made them in 2003 ? I'd appreciate any info. I know very little about Custom Shop Gibsons.

That is the product code for a Les Paul Elegant Quilt top. They are not a reissue of any kind, have a chambered body, use 57 Classic pickups, abalone inlays, have a compound radius fretboard, and a 50's rounded profile neck. They were discontinued at the end of 2004, although in 07 they brought them back as part of a 'Popular Demand' series and make them in limited numbers. They were one of the Custom Shops top of the line guitars (non-reissues) with the Ultima and Class 5.

Hi riprider, sounds like a beauty! If I ever have a question on a guitar's serial # I call Gibson @ 1-800-4-gibson that way it keeps the serial # out of the hands of questionable individuals who may be scoping sites like this for that type of info.

The original MSRP one the Elegant for about 2003-2004 was around $7K. Used prices tend to range between $2500 to about $4000 for an exceptional one. The guitar in my avatar is a custom order one off Elegant.

Wow, I noticed it before, how could you not, what a sweetheart..!!! I'll upload a photo of mine soon, damn photobucket. The Quilt top on my is so cool, it looks like little tornado's. Very unusual..Thanks Again Raptor..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived