Gibson Brands Forums

Question for "Blues King" owners

pastorharry

I have a 2004 black-,(which was limited run I believe),and noticed that the bridge is a good 16th inch. higher on the bass side than the treble. Never seen that before on any guitar, is this normal, or do I have a "one off "bridge?

BTW; the guitar plays and sounds great, and action is no problemo.

"Newbie" my B**t!! Nice to hear from you on the Gibson board, Harry!

Your Bridge is normal and found on a number of Gibson models. I got to play a blues king a few years ago that impressed me, as well. When you get a good one, they're nice little guitars.

Harry, I can back Hoss up on this one, it is common for that style of bridges to have more meat on the bass side than the treble. I'm not sure if it's designed for tonality or strength, but either way it's fine.

PH-

I forgot to mention that a friend of mine- a very fine Old Time Player- headed off today for Maui from Seattle. If you see a guy on a beach with a Uke-- it's him....if he's playing the Uke clawhammer style. =P~/

The bridge on my 04 Blues King does the same thing. The ends of the bridge are the same thickness, but in the middle portion near the saddle it slopes about 1/16". Heavy on the bass side. I wonder if this is designed to affect the bass?

Thanks, I never noticed that!

I also never new they made black Blues King's

My guitar is amazing BTW. Love it!

Archived